It's hard to believe, but last weekend, Emily turned 4! It seems like just yesterday she was an itty bitty baby. We had her 1st friend party, she invited her class from school, as well as our friends and their babies. Because this group is larger than our house can contain, we had the party at the Wesley Foundation. Em had a blast. We cleared out the chapel area and blew up oodles of balloons for the kids to play in. This was by far the favorite activity. We also had cupcake decorating and an art project. The other highlight seemed to be running through the Foundation playing what appeared to be chase.
Here are some pictures of the big day!
Ok so this picture isn't actually Emily--but it is from her party, this is Payton playing with her friend Hudson while the big kids celebrated!
The following day we had our usual Sunday Supper with the college kids, and I'm pretty sure they had just as much if not more fun with the balloons than the 4 year olds did. Here is a video of Em's "party" with the big kids!
As another birthday activity, that I found on pinterest, we asked Emily the following 20 questions and will hopefully remember to ask her these questions every year and enjoy how her answers evolve. The most fascinating part of this year's process was the fact that she could answer all the questions unprompted. In fact, after we finished the 20, she came over and kept saying, "mommy you have to tell me what is my favorite......"and went through several other favorites!
Emily's 4 year old life
1. What is your favorite color?pink
2. What is your favorite toy?a lego
3. What is your favorite fruit? peaches
4. What is your favorite tv show? Diego
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? french fries
6. What is your favorite outfit? a shirt
7. What is your favorite game? Super Why
8. What is your favorite snack? peaches
9. What is your favorite animal? care bear
10. What is your favorite song? Chicken Chew
11. What is your favorite book? Barbie
12. Who is your best friend? Nina and Jordan
13. What is your favorite cereal? fruit loops
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? ride my bike
15. What is your favorite drink? juice
16. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? a pillow
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Fruit loops
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Cupcakes
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? play toys