Friday, April 10, 2009

Ear Infection #5

Em has had an on and off snotty nose and cough for about a month...and it had come back Weds. Since I had the day off today, I decided to call and get it checked. I was convinced they would tell me it was just a cold and there wasn't anything we could do about it, but I was wrong. Em has ear infection #5 :( We have another round of antibiotics, if the antibiotics work, we go back in 3 weeks to check and decide if we want to get tubes or not. If it doesn't work, we go back sooner and definitely get tubes. Glad I took her in...not thrilled with the results though! Also thankful that Em is not horribly cranky with this infection, had I not taken her in, at this point we wouldn't have even known it was infected...so at least she is a happy sick baby!
On a happier note, tomorrow Em is going to her 1st Easter Egg hunt at the zoo....be watching for pictures! Also very excited about the Easter dress Aunt Jen bought her :)

2 comments:

  1. Poor Em! I hope she feels better soon. I'll be watching for those pictures. Since I have a boy I don't get cute easter dresses so I LOVE looking at cute little girls (enter Miss Em) in theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Ear infections are NOT fun...poor thing! I hope the antibiotics take care of it so you don't have to worry about tubes right now. At least get you to the summer and figure it out...and hopefully not need them at all.

    ReplyDelete