Sunday, June 20, 2010

New Blog

I've started a new blog to chronicle our journey in becoming a family of 4. Chuck and I have decided we are ready to give Emily a sibling, and wanted to keep record of the journey. I decided to keep this in a seperate blog, so that if we are successful it can be the beginning of a blog for the pregnancy and baby to be.

Our journey officially started on Saturday, June 12th, with cycle day 1. I started taking estrace twice a day to get ready for a frozen embryo transfer (FET) this cycle. I quickly discovered that estrace is not my friend, I had horrible headaches for the first 5 days. By Thursday the headaches had subsided making this a much more enjoyable process. After talking to the nurse at Dr. F's office we have a plan. Next Friday (the 25th) I will go in for a pre-op u/s. I will also start progesterone in oil injections that day and increase the estrace to 3 times/day. If everything looks good they will start the thawing process of our 6 frozen embies. They will monitor them and if everything goes as planned we will transfer 1 beautiful embie on July 1st. In theory this cycle should be much easier than our fresh cycle, and hopefully with the same wonderful outcome. I am super excited to be cycling with our dear friends, praying for positive results for both of us! I will update this blog with news and thoughts as we proceed.....

No comments:

Post a Comment