Saturday, September 18, 2010

What a rollercoaster!

The past week has been a roller coaster like no other. Last Sat. I took my 1st home test, to confirm that the trigger shot was out, it came back negative as expected for that point. I tested again Monday, which I believe would have been about the time I got a positive with Emily, it was negative. I was bummed, but knew it could be too early. I tested again Wednesday, still negative. At this point it should have been positive, so I all but declared the cycle done and was really bummed. Chuck started telling people it was negative and that night we spent hours discussing our next steps.

I knew I still had to go in for a beta on Friday, but was not excited about it. I didn't do any more home tests because I couldn't bring myself to see the negative and by not testing I could hold out some small amount of hope that it would be positive. I had made the decision that I would not call in for the results until after school, because I remembered all too clearly how upset I was after the FET. I noticed about mid-morning that the nurse had called and left a voicemail, but didn't plan on checking it until after school. I knew it wouldn't say anything more than call back we have your results, since they have never actually left results on voicemail.

After lunch I had about 10 min before my kids came in from recess and something convinced me to go ahead and check the voicemail to see if I could tell by the nurse's tone what the news was. Imagine my shock when I hear nurse Wendy say "call us back, we have your numbers and you will be very happy with them". Immediately I thought "Happy?? How could I be happy about a negative?? She must be mistaken!" Of course, I had to immediately call her back. I'm now down to about 3 min. before kids come in. I call her and before she can even tell me my results I tell her "I wasn't going to call until after school because we've been testing at home, and it's been negative". To which she responds with "Your beta was 326, you are very much pregnant" To which I repsond with "but it was negative, we tested and it was negative!" She continues to reassure me that it was very much positive and then gives me the breakdown of numbers and dates.

Beta-326
Progesterone 47.7 (they want this over 50, so we will continue with nightly shots for 4 more weeks)
Repeat beta-Sept. 20th
Due date-May 26th
1st Ultrasound-Oct 8th
Last PIO injection-Oct 14th

I immediately text Chuck and send out an e-mail to our "cheerleaders"
Chuck's immediate response-Ninjas are really hard to find so it just took extra equipment to find him.

We are beyond the moon thrilled and now more than ever giving all the glory and praise to God! Weds. when Chuck and I were talking, I asked, "how can prayer make a difference at this point, the baby needs to have already implanted, we should be getting positives, how can God change biology?" He responded that "God can do whatever he wants!" And boy did He!! Biological in order to have a beta on Friday of 326, my level on Wednesday should have been around 150, a home pregnancy tests picks up at levels of about 25. Clearly God was looking out for us....He is awesome and amazing!!

1 comment:

  1. We are beyond thrilled for you and this miracle!!! What a great surprise!!

    Know that we celebrate with you and can't wait to share each moment of joy.
    You are in our prayers, you and Little Ninja.

    ReplyDelete