Monday, March 21, 2011

Boring update :)

Your Baby:

◦Weighs about three pounds and is 17 inches long. Since most full-term babies are between 20 and 22 inches long at 40 weeks’ gestation, your baby will pack on more pounds than inches in the 10 weeks or so.
◦Is starting to get a little crowded in there, but still has room to wiggle and roll and punch and kick.
◦Despite all the movement, it’s still damn near impossible to tell what position your baby is in for sure (head down, breech, transverse, etc.), but it’s also still too early to be worrying about it. MOST babies settle into a head-down position around 36 weeks, and some still manage to flip themselves around after that.

Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)


How far along? 30weeks 4days
Total weight gain: as of today 22 lbs total... I am very close to surpassing my weight gain with Emily...but am ok with it...hopefully it comes off easily!
Maternity clothes? Yes--and thanks to a wonderful friend I have oodles of spring tops now, so not nearly as much shopping will need to be done!
Sleep: Not too bad...not great...I've started having really weird dreams at night that I'm not really sure what to think about
Best moment this week: Watching Em at the big Sibling class...it almost brought tears to my eyes watching her hold the baby doll and talk about her baby coming home.
Stretch Marks: same ole, same ole
Movement: All the time! I told the midwife that it feels like there has to be at least 3 in there with as quickly as she can poke and prod all over my stomach! I should probably regret posting this last week, cause since then, baby girl has been messing with me and giving me all sorts of lack of movements scares!
Food Cravings/Aversions: cereal--anything sweet...and oddly...chocolate milk...this is odd because I don't usually like milk at all!
Gender: girl
Belly Button in or out? still in--but I'm not sure it's going to stay there
What I miss: being able to move with ease, it's definitely getting more difficult.
Weekly Wisdom: It is going to be over before I know it!
Milestones: single digit week count down has begun :)

1 comment:

  1. I just can't fathom that you are over 30 weeks! Unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete