Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Baby day!

It's baby day :)
I'm going to try and keep a running record of baby day...more for me...and someday for Ninja to look back on. But feel free to follow along!

4:45 a.m. woke up to take a shower and finish getting ready

5:00 a.m. got out of the shower and realized the thunderstorm had woken Emily up and she was cuddling with Chuck on the couch. I was sad that she was up so early, knowing what that means for her day...but secretely a little happy that I would get to see her before I left.

5:45 a.m. Left the house to head to the hospital.

6:10 a.m. Arrived at the hospital and started the check in process. The nurse said they were short staffed until the 7 a.m. shift arrived and they were missing a paper from my dr. so it might be a little while before they get things going.

7:15 a.m. Lab comes in to draw lots of vials of blood. Shortly thereafter nurse Jess comes in to get things going. Starts the IV for fluids and then her and the other nurse do internals to compare notes. Jess says 3, Rosalinda says 4....I like Rosalinda's thoughts better :)

8 a.m. Start pitocin at "2". Will up it every 30 minutes, until I have 5 good contractions in 10 min.

8:45 a.m. Pit is up to "4". Midwife just came in and broke water. Starting to feel contractions a little more painfully...but nothing horrid yet. Said I am definitely a 4. Debating how long to go on before I get the epidural...since I know what is coming, I'm guessing I'll go with it a little earlier than last time, but we'll see.

10:10 a.m. -Pit is up to "10". Contractions have definitely gone from annoying to painful, but nothing I can't handle yet. Contractions are about 3 every 10 min. They want it up to 5 before they quit upping the pitocin.

And we wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment