Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Test results...

Yesterday at about 11:30 I got the call from nurse Mara. Her message simply said call back--they had my results in. During our lunch break (I was in class from 9-5) I called her back and got the most dreaded yet expected words "unfortunately you are not pregnant". I was able to hold it together on the phone to get a few questions answered. I was to stop meds immediately and wait for a period. I am then to call the office as soon as I get a period. Chuck and I are ready to start a fresh cycle immediately--we have to wait to hear from Iowa City if they will let us start a cycle with this period or if we have to wait one cycle out to let my body get back to "normal". Their team meeting is today, so I am hoping to hear something from them today. Obviously we want to go-ahead to start again asap but also want to do what will provide us the most chance for success.
I'm not going to lie, yesterday hurt a lot more than I thought it would. I thought I had mentally prepared for it, and was ready for it, but there was still that tiny bit of hope that it might be positive. Chuck and I spent the night at home (except for a side trip to Culver's for ice cream) cuddling and just enjoying each other and Emily. It was good, and now we are ready for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment