Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The plan is in action...

I had a drs. appt. on Tuesday (our 8th wedding anniversary!). First off was an u/s to make sure everything was doing what it is supposed to on the birth control pills, and it is. Next was to meet with Nurse Wendy to go over the calendar and meds for this cycle. I have been worried and praying about the timing of this cycle and the start of the school year.

Originally Wendy had thought we would be able to do it before school started, my biggest fear was that I would have to miss days at the very beginning of the year. While we won't get the cycle in before school, I also won't have to miss any days the 1st week of school so I am happy. We are to start Lupron on the 11th, and stop birth control on the 14th. The Lupron will start the process of suppressing my body's natural hormones. After a period starts I will start stims, tentatively scheduled for the 21st. I will stim for 8-12 days and have various blood draws and ultrasounds during that time. These should for the most part be able to be done before school starts, so as not to interfere. Our tentative retrieval date is the 1st-2nd with transfer 3-5 days after that. We will follow the same protocol I was on last time, and the same guidelines for transfer. If we have more than 7 embies then the transfer will automatically be a day 5, if it is less than 7 it will be a day 3. We will know that information the day after the retrieval.

We are praying that this cycle will go as smoothly as the cycle that brought us Emily and with the same success. The only snafu we are hoping to avoid is a trip to Ohio Labor Day weekend. I'm hoping the drs. will want to avoid working that weekend as much as we want to avoid having to come in! If my retrieval is the 2nd and we go 5 days we will be fine....so that is the prayer! In Bible Study we have been talking about how God wants us to go to Him with all of our request and be specific...so I am doing my best this cycle to trust in Him and His timing! We continue to appreciate all your prayers and support!

P.S. I believe we have fixed the commenting glitch that some were having...so you should be free to comment now!

1 comment:

  1. SO excited that you have a plan in place, and that it all works out in the timing you needed.
    I hope the rest of the cycle goes as smoothly as it started!

    All my prayers coming to you. Let me know how I can help!

    ReplyDelete