Saturday, December 11, 2010

Week 16

Week 16: Avacado

Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.


Total weight gain/loss: At the dr. last Friday I was up 1lb from my previous appt. so 8lbs total.

Maternity clothes? Still struggling with shirts, I've started wearing some maternity shirts because they are nice and long, some of my regular shirts (especially sweaters) are getting too short.

Stretch Marks? I'm just not even going to look....

Sleep: Well--we are at 16 weeks as of Thursday, and I slept 10 hours last night...so I'm not sure this is getting better yet, but I will continue to be hopeful.

Best moment this week: I came out the my grad class girls..who had actually figured it out--it was a very entertaining moment for sure.

Movement: Maybe--I've been "encouraging" it when I am laying down in bed..and I've felt something, but I'm not convinced enough yet to call it baby movement.

Food Cravings/Aversions: I've had a couple of nights this week where dinner wasn't exciting for me...but nothing major.

Gender: Lots of people are saying boy--we'll know more next month.

Belly Button in or out? In.

What I miss: Time with Chuck at night when we hang out and I'm not sleeping

What I'm looking forward to: movement!

Weekly Wisdom: Enjoy every minute!

Milestones: 1 more week down.

1 comment: