Thursday, December 23, 2010

Week 18

Week 18: Bell Pepper

Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound. (babycenter.com)

Total weight gain/loss: Up 10lbs from pre-pregnancy which seems like a lot to me but dr. was ok with it. We'll see what it is after Christmas..yikes!!

Maternity clothes? Yep...this week I am enjoying sweats as I am on break :)

Stretch Marks? We're going to go with no....

Sleep: Being on break I am staying up later, but also sleeping in later, so I think I'm still at about 10 hours of sleep each night.

Best moment this week: I'm 99% positive I felt kicks/hits from baby on Sunday...of course haven't felt them that strongly since to confirm it.

Movement: See above

Food Cravings/Aversions: Nothing in particular...I have cooked twice this week which is an improvement from when I was working.

Gender: Lots of people are saying boy--we'll know more next month. Jan. 13th is the big day!

Belly Button in or out? In.

What I miss: Nothing really this week.

What I'm looking forward to: Seeing family for Christmas

Weekly Wisdom: Rest is still a good thing, even when on break I seem to want to push too hard.

Milestones: Maybe baby's first movements??

No comments:

Post a Comment